Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 60
Unit–1: Introduction to Travel & Tourism Business
- Evolution of Travel Business.
- Travel Trade in India.
- (i) Meaning and Concept of Travel business.
- Travel Agency.
- (i) Types of travel agencies.
- Tour operator.
- (i) Types of tour operators.
- Difference between Travel Agency and Tour Operator.
- Organizational structure of a travel/tour company.
- Market Trends and TA business scenario.
- Business Integration.
Unit–2: Operations of Travel Agency
- Origins of travel agency.
- (i) Operations of travel agency.
- (ii) Organization of travel agency.
- (i) Types of agencies.
- Travel agencies in the 21st Century.
Unit–3: Transport Network
- (i) Tourism and Transport.
- Air Transport.
- Rail Transport.
- Road Transport.
- Mass Transportation.
Unit–4: Itinerary Planning
- Itinerary planning.
- (i) Importance of travel itinerary.
- (ii) Types of tour itinerary.
- (iii) Pre-requisites of itinerary preparation.
- (iv) Things to be considered while preparing itinerary.
- (v) Step by step procedure.
- (vi) Do's and don'ts of itinerary preparation.
- GIT and FIT.
- Package or inclusive tours.
Unit–5: Tour Packaging & Programming
- Meaning and Classifications of Tour Packages.
- Components of Package.
- Customized and Tailor-Made Package.
- Tour Formulation & Designing Process.
- Tour Brochure Designing.
- Tour Programming and its Importance.
Unit–6: Package Tour Costing
- Meaning and Types of Cost.
- Concept of Tour Costing.
- (i) Types of cost.
- (ii) Preparation of Cost Sheet.
- Components of Tour Cost.
- Pricing package tour.
- Pricing strategies.
Unit–7: Government and Professional Bodies
- Components of tourism.
- Integration between government and professional bodies.
- Rules for Setting up Travel Agencies & Tour operator.
- Department of tourism (DoT) Different schemes and policies.
- Professional bodies and their activities.
Unit–8: Global Distribution System
- Global distribution system (GDS).
- Evolution of GDS.
- Amadeus and GDS.
- Display Airlines Schedules & Availability.