This course is a planned sequence of instructions consisting of Units meant for developing employability and vocational competencies of students of Class XI opting for vocational subject along with general education subjects. Part B has four units - Salesmanship; Essentials of Sales; Preliminary Stages of Personal Selling Process; and Advance Stages of Personal Selling Process.
Part B: Vocational Skills (50 Marks)
1. Salesmanship (12 Marks)
- Meaning & Importance of Personal Selling.
- Function & Types of Personal Selling.
- Introduction to Salesmanship.
- Qualities of effective Sales person.
2. Essentials of Sales (10 Marks)
- Knowledge of Industry and Company.
- Knowledge of Products.
- Knowledge of Customer.
3. Preliminary Stages of Personal Selling Process (12 Marks)
- Prospecting: Meaning, Importance, Characteristics for qualifying as a prospects and methods of prospecting.
- Pre-approach: Meaning, Importance and sources of information.
- Approach: Meaning, Importance & Methods.
4. Advance Stages of Personal Selling Process (16 Marks)
- Demonstration & Presentation: Concepts & Essential features of Good Presentation and Demonstration.
- Objection Handling: Understanding Objections, Procedure for Handling Objections.
- Closing Sale: Features and methods of Closing Sale.
- After sale Services: Concepts and importance of after Sale Service.