Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 60
1. Importance of fruit culture (economic preposition, health benefits etc.) Setting up of industry based on the fruits present position and scope of fruit processing and equipments required for setting up a processing unit.
2. Cultivation of temperate of fruits (apple, pear, plum, peach, apricot, walnut, almond).
3. Cultivation of tropical fruits (mango, banana, papaya, sapota, pineapple etc.).
4. Cultivation of sub–tropical fruits (pomeranate, litchi, citrus, grapes, ber, aonpla etc.) their Cultivation of temperature fruits (apple, pear, plum, Alume, Peach, apricot, walnut, almond) cultivation practices with special reference to origin, varieties (cultivars, climate, soil, land preparation, planting, manuring, irrigation, harvesting, ripening of fruits, grading, packaging, marketing) control of insect pest and diseases.
5. Root stocks of different fruit crops, their propagation, nursery management.
6. Management of rootstocks and mother stocks.
7. Fertigation in fruit crops.
8. Maturity standards, harvesting, ripening, grading of fruits etc.
9. Mechanized harvesting of fruits.
10. Role of biotechnology and micro–propagation of importance fruits crops.
11. Pesticide use, safety of operators and consumers, concept of minimum residue limit in fruits crops.
12. Orchard rejuvenation, head back and high density planting in fruits.
13. Packing, storage and value addition and value added products from fruits.