Time: 2.5 Hours; Marks: 50
1. Introduction to Communication System (15)
- Information signals, Elements of communication system, Transmitters and Receivers, Bandwidth of signals, Propagation of electromagnetic waves in the atmosphere, Sky and space wave propagation.
- Noise, Classification of noise, Source and description of noise.
- Fundamentals of Analog and Digital communication, Digital data transmission.
- Need of modulation, Modulation/ Demodulation of Amplitude-modulated wave, Phase- modulated and Frequency modulated wave, Pulse modulation.
- Introduction to Wireless communication, Basics of mobile communications, A simple reference model, Mobile and Wireless devices.
- Frequencies for Radio Transmission, Regulations act.
- Basics of cellular system, Elements of cellular radio systems, Performance criteria.
2. Satellite Communications (5)
- Introduction and brief history of satellite communication, Overview of Satellite system.
- Satellite frequency bands, Introduction to Telemetry, Tracking and Command, Satellite mobile communication, Introduction to C/N ratio and S/N ratio, Introduction to VSAT technology.
- *Special Information - (Introduction to Radio propagation and Antenna).
3. Mobile Technology (10)
- History of Mobile technology, Generation of mobile phones.
- Basics of TDMA, FDMA, CDMA and GSM, Mobile Services.
- (* Special Information - GSM and CDMA Architecture).
- Overview of Mobile phone components, Bluetooth, Infrared, GPRS, Wi-Fi, SIM, IMEI.
- (* Special Information - DECT, UMTS, IMT-2000).
- Base and Master system
4. Mobile Hardware and Software (10)
- Introduction to Mobile hardware and their faults, Basic circuit board configuration, Identification and Working of different BGA IC’s, Working on SMD and PCB’s.
- Introduction to software and their faults, Formatting of virus affected mobiles, Removing software problems by codes, Unlocking of mobile phones using codes and software, Unlocking codes for GSM & CDMA.
5. Support Program (10)
- How to open and manage your own mobile repair shop.
- How to successfully work as a technician.
- Where to procure tools, spare parts and accessories.
- How to deal with customers and distributers.
- Technical support guidance.