Multi Skill Foundation Course (MSFC) Class 10 Syllabus
The course is divided into four modules: Workshop & Engineering Techniques, Energy & Environment, Gardening, Nursery and Agriculture Techniques, Personal Health & Hygiene.
Part B: Vocational Skills
- Workshop and Engineering Techniques
- Energy and Environment
- Gardening, Nursery & Agriculture Techniques
- Personal Health & Hygiene
Unit 1 - Workshop & Engineering Techniques
Make any one of the following objects: Shoe stand, Candle stand, Hanger, Garbage collector, Tin box, Bangle stand using T-fillet joint, Open corner joint, Single V-butt joint
- Describe safety precautions for making objects
- Describe the various types of material that can be used for making objects
Carry out GI piping by carrying out treading, coupling two or more pipes using different fittings.
- Describe use of different piping fitting used in GI piping.
Draw plan, elevation of simple objects (Cone, cylinder, cube)
- Identify orthographic and isometric view.
- Read and understand orthographic drawing and its dimension.
- Able to interpret scale on the drawing.
Prepare a Ferro cement object (Sheet / tank) as per given specifications
- Describe what is Ferro cement and state its applications
- Describe advantages of Ferro cement.
- Describe the safety precautions to be followed when preparing a Ferro cement structure
Prepare Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) column
- Describe what is an RCC work and its applications.
- Describe function of Torsion bar.
- Describe safety precautions while constructing Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) work
Plaster & painting of the brick work of min 1 sq. meter.
- Describe safety precautions while plastering with mortar
- Describe the benefits of plastering
- Describe the benefits of painting
- Function of cement, sand and water
Prepare bill for the job
- Describe difference between bills, estimate and quotation
- Describe component of costing and basis for calculating sales price.
Unit 2 - Energy & Environment
Prepare a simple electrical circuit
- Explain the meaning of various terms used in simple circuit such as electrical potential difference/ voltage, conductive path, electrical resistance potential difference, transistor, conventional current, direct current, capacitor, attractive current, ohm’s law, ohm’s etc.
- Describe the purpose of simple circuit
Demonstrate the knowledge of the basic features and capacity of Inverter and its maintenance
- Describe the working principle of Inverter and state the various components of an inverter
- Describe various maintenance needs and procedure to perform the maintenance
Demonstrate installation of DOL/starter to motor
- Describe purpose of DOL/Starter and how it works
Demonstrate the understanding of motor / pump and its operation viz. Priming, foot valve etc.
- Describe various parts of motor/pump.
- Demonstrate understanding of specification written on pump. Viz. Head/flow/HP
- Describe the need of priming, foot valve, starter etc.
Demonstrate the knowledge of functioning of solar lights and devices
- Explain the working principle of solar panel and solar devices (any one of solar cooker, solar heater, solar lamp, etc.)
- Describe the advantages and limitations of the use of solar energy
Describe the functioning and operation of a Petrol or diesel Engine
- Describe the design and working principle of petrol or diesel engine
- Describe the operation of petrol or diesel engine.
- Describe the functioning of important parts like piston, spark plug, and cylinder.
Demonstrate the knowledge of biogas.
- Describe the various components of Floating Dome Type and Fixed Dome Type Biogas Plants
- Describe the basic principle involved in biogas production
- Describe the working principle of biogas plant
Demonstrate making of charcoal using biomass
- Describe what is a biomass and examples of bio mass material
- Describe the purpose of making charcoal from biomass
- Describe steps to make charcoal from biomass
Select site for rain Water harvesting
- Describe what is rainwater harvesting and why it is necessary
- Describe what is a contour lines and what are they used for
- Describe application of different survey instruments.
To make rain gauge & measure rainfall and understand weather parameters
- Describe why do we need to measure rainfall
- Describe what are the different weather parameters
Unit 3 - Gardening, Nursery & Agriculture Technique (Part B)
Apply nursery techniques
- Describe the various components of a plant nursery
- Describe the procedure of potting and repotting of plants
- Describe the precautions to be taken when sowing seed/planting plant materials.
Demonstrate the knowledge and application of different irrigation and water conservation methods
- Describe the advantages and limitations of various irrigation methods (surface, sprinkler, drip, basin, furrow, etc.) and water conservation methods (bund, rainwater harvesting, trenching etc.)
Demonstrate the knowledge of interpreting results of soil testing
- Describe the importance and purpose of soil testing
- Describe how to collect soil sample
- List the methods used for testing nitrogen, phosphorus and potash in soil
Assist in artificial insemination
- Explain artificial insemination and its benefits
- Describe the AI process
Prepare fodder for animals
- Describe different fodder making techniques.
- Advantages of giving particular type of fodder to cattle.
Unit 4 - Personal Health & Hygiene
Identify the symptoms of nutrient deficiencies
- Describe the importance of balanced diet in health and wellness
- Describe the advantages of being healthy (mental, physical and social wellness)
Identify the personal health behaviors and factors affecting personal health
- Describe the importance of a healthy and safe environment.
- Define the terms communicable (infectious) and non-communicable (noninfectious) diseases and identify ways that help to prevent diseases
- List personal health behaviors (e.g. hand washing, teeth brushing, use of tissues, explaining feelings, making healthy food choices, daily physical activity)
- Describe how families and peers can influence the health of adolescents
- Describe Importance of vaccination & essential vaccines for a child.
Demonstrate the knowledge of identifying causes and treating dehydration
- Describe dehydration and its effect
- Recognize physiological indicators (e.g., heart rate, body temperature, perspiration, thirst) of health and physical activity
Demonstrate knowledge and measurement of blood pressure, hemoglobin count and identify blood group using self-administered kits
- Describe the importance of blood pressure
- Describe the precautions to be taken while measuring blood pressure, hemoglobin count or identifying blood group
Test quality of water using H2O strip test
- Describe harmful ingredients in a contaminated water
- Describe how to analyze results of water quality test
Identify various community services and programs
- Describe the needs of disadvantaged people, people with special needs, travelers, people affected with natural and man-made disasters, aged people, etc.
- Describe need of preventive health care for maintaining personal health by calculating health expenses of family.
- Describe emergency first aid help to needy
Identify measures for pollution control and take appropriate action
- Explain different sources of pollution
- Describe the effects of pollution on environment and on living beings
- Describe different measures for prevention and control of pollution
Identify food related issues and problems and take appropriate action
- Differentiate between fresh and stale food
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of loose and packed food
- Describe how to handle and serve food for maintaining personal hygiene and health