Marketing Class 11 Syllabus
This course is a planned sequence of instructions consisting of Units meant for developing employability and vocational competencies of students of Class XI opting for vocational subject along with general education subjects. Part B has five units - Introduction to Marketing; Marketing Environment; Marketing Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning; Fundamentals of Marketing Mix; and Consumer Behaviour.
Part B: Vocational Skills (50 Marks)
1. Introduction to Marketing (10 Marks)
- Meaning, Nature, Objectives, Scope & Importance of Marketing.
- Difference between Marketing & Selling.
- Marketing Philosophies.
2. Marketing Environment (8 Marks)
- Meaning and Importance.
- Macro Environment Factors.
- Micro Environment Factors.
3. Marketing Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning (12 Marks)
- Meaning & Importance of Segmentation.
- Bases of Market Segmentation.
- Meaning and Need for Targeting.
- Types of Targeting.
- Meaning & Need for Positioning.
- Positioning Strategies.
4. Fundamentals of Marketing Mix (8 Marks)
- Meaning and Importance of Marketing Mix.
- Marketing Mix Components - Service Sector & Consumer Goods.
5. Consumer Behaviour (12 Marks)
- Meaning and Importance of Consumer Behaviour.
- Factors Affecting Consumer Buying Behaviour.
- Roles of Buying Behaviour.
- Stages of Buying Behaviour.