Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 60
Unit–1: Logistics and System Concept, Objectives and Role of Logistics (10)
- Logistics and System concept - Information flow, warehousing, inventory control, packaging, transportation.
- Objectives of logistics management.
- Role of logistics in supply chain.
- 3 PL & 4 PL Logistics.
- Careers & growth in Logistics and Supply Chain.
Unit–2: Inventory Management (15)
- Inventory management and supply chain.
- Inventory functions and cost.
- Inventory related cost.
- Functions of Inventory management in supply chain operations.
Unit–3: Freight Management (10)
- Freight Management - factors influencing freight cost, route planning.
- Packaging for safe product handling and in Logistic Operations.
- Containerization - its scope and types, its uses.
Unit–4: Logistic Management and Information Technology (15)
- Logistics operation and Information technology - New trends - GPRS, RFID, Bar code, Radio Frequency Tag (RFT), E -commerce.
- Documentation for domestic and international trade cargoes, International Chamber of Commerce Terms.
- Sea borne trade - Ports and Ships management in India.
- Logistics and Supply Chain uses in World Industry.
Unit–5: Emerging Issues in SCM and Logistics (10)
- Statutory Provisions dealing transport – Multi modal Transport Act-1993.
- Motor Vehicles Act 1988 - driving rules.
- Insurance coverage - Marine insurance, road, rail, sea, air etc.
- Insurance Claims.