Introduction to Tourism Class 10 Syllabus
Unit 1: Soft Skills - II
- Personality Development
- Positive Attitude
- Think Big
- Creating First & Last Impression:
- Etiquette and Manners
- Required Body Language for social interaction
- Telephonic Conversation
- Public Speaking
Unit 2: Introduction to Tourism - II
- Why do we need tourism?
- Tourism Sources and Information
- Sources of Tourism Information
- Tourism Organisation - MOT, STDC, UNWTO
Unit 3: Tourism Business - II
- Destination / Site- define
- Travel Terminology/ Travel Lingo
- Hospitality Terminology
- Activities / Function Areas in a Travel Agency
- Domestic & International
- Medical Requirements
Unit 4: Tourism Product - II
- Natural tourism products of India - Mountains, hills, lakes, waterfalls, rivers, deserts, islands, beaches.
- Man-made tourism products of India - Archaeological sites, historical sites, customs and traditions, fairs and festivals, art and art forms, entertainment
- Symbiotic tourism products - Wildlife sanctuaries and national parks of India.
- Event based tourism products - Music and Dance festivals, SurajKund Craft Mela, Pushkar Fair, Nehru Trophy Boat Race, Elephant festival, Kite flying festival, sporting events.
- List of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India