Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 60
Unit–1: Transport Operations-I (18)
- Structure of Transport organization and types (National, Regional, Local).
- Procedure for Booking consignments.
- Transhipment procedure (Hub & Spoke System).
- Goods Receiving Procedure.
- Goods Forwarding Procedure.
- Delivery Procedure.
Unit–2: Transport Operations-II (12)
- Lorry hire systems.
- Fleet Operation, maintenance, fleet utilization.
- Billing Procedure.
- Tendering Process.
- Quotation to Customers.
Unit–3: Warehouse Management (10)
- Loading, Unloading & Handling of goods in warehouse.
- Stacking of goods.
- Retrieval of material.
- Warehouse activities kitting, binning etc.
- Documentation in warehouse activities.
- Importance of Security & Fire Safety at warehouse.
Unit–4: Freight Rates/Costing Methods (12)
- Road Freight.
- Rail freight.
- Air freight.
- Sea Freight.
- Waterways & Coastal Freight.
Unit–5: Brief Notes & Importance (8)
- Consignment note.
- Sales Tax forms.
- Check Post& Toll Tax procedures.
- Goods forwarding note.
- Weightment, Dimensional cargo.
- Lorry hire contract.
- Trip sheet.
- Route Permit.
- Truck Registration.