Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 60
Unit-1: General Insurance
- Meaning and importance of General Importance.
- Different types of General Insurance.
- (i) Fire Insurance.
- (ii) Marine Insurance.
- (iii) Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- (iv) Medi-Claim Insurance.
- (v) Accident Insurance.
- (vi) Burglary and Theft Insurance.
- (vii) Present Organizational set up of General Insurance companies in India - GICI - its subsidiaries, Private Companies.
- (viii) Principles of General Insurance - Insurable Interest, Indemnity, subrogation, good faith.
Unit-2: Fire Insurance
- Types of Fire insurance Polices - Their main features and clauses.
- Meaning & Significance of Average Clause.
- Procedure for taking Fire Insurance Policies and settlement of claims.
Unit-3: Marine Insurance
- Three types of Marine insurance - Cargo Insurance, Hull Insurance and Freight Insurance.
- Types of Policies.
- Clauses of a Marine Insurance Policy.
- Marine losses.
Unit-4: Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Types of Polices and Risks Covered therein.
- Procedure for obtaining motor Insurance Policy.
- Settlement of claims.
Unit-5: Medi-Claim and Accident Insurance
Important conditions of such Polices and Benefits available therein, Procedure for claims.
Unit-6: Burglary and Theft Insurance
- Need for such Insurance.
- Information to be furnished and procedure to be follow.
- Recovering the claims.