Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 70
1. Health Education: Meaning, Definition, Objectives and Importance (4)
2. Communication for Health (7)
- Information: Definition and Components.
- The process of communication.
- Methods & media of communication.
- The concept of Information Education and communication (IEC) for health.
- Health Ethics.
3. Making Health Communication Effective (6)
- Inter personal methods of communication.
- Mass Media Methods of communication.
- Equipment for mass media communication.
- Modes, types and barriers of communication.
4. Patient Education for Common Acute Diseases (10)
- Dental Diseases.
- Cough & breathlessness (Bronchitis).
- Skin Diseases (e. g. scabies, boils, infected wounds).
5. Patient Education in Chronic Diseases (10)
- Asthma and Chronic Bronchitis.
- Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Other Chronic Diseases.
6. Personal Hygiene (4)
- Essentials of personal hygiene including personal grooming.
- Hand washing and its importance.
- Methods and pitfalls in hand washing.
- Prevention of food poisoning through proper personal hygiene.
7. Environmental Sanitation (4)
- Essentials of sanitation.
- Human faeces – methods of appropriate disposal.
- Faecal – oral contamination and Faecal – oral diseases.
- Methods of sanitation and hygiene to break faeco – oral transmission of diseases.
- Disposal of solid and liquid waste.
8. Sexuality Education and Family Life Education (5)
- Prevention of STDs (Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)).
- Prevention & control of HIV/AIDS.
- Safe sex.
- Universal safety precaution for control of HIV/AIDS.
- Planned Parenthood and Family Planning.
9. Public Relations in Health Care Service Institutions (5)
- Definition of public relation.
- Role and importance of public relations in health care service institutions.
- Role of General Health Assistant (GHA) in the hospitals.
- Staff-patient relationship.
- Doctor-patient relationship.
- Personal hygiene of hospital staff.
- Empathy Vs sympathy in patient care.
10. Public Health (10)
- Principles of Public Health.
- National Health Programmes I (National Rural Health Mission including RCH II).
- National Health Programmes II (RNTCP, Malaria control, Blindness control, HIV/AIDS control, others).
- Disinfection of Water.
- Sanitation & disposal of Excreta.
- Methods of Disinfection.
- Data Collection.
- Basics of Medical Statistics like Mean, Mode, Median, Charts, Diagrams & Sampling Method.
- Techniques of Health Education.
11. Organizational Behaviour: Meaning, Importance of Human Relationship in Healthcare Institutions. (5)
- Organizational Behaviour: Meaning, need and importance, Internal and External human relations, factors affecting human relations, behavior in organizations at the individual and group level, effect of organization structure and process on behaviour.
- Group Behaviour: Group Dynamics formal and informal groups, Group decision making techniques, Team: Meaning, purpose, Type, Life cycle, Team work, Team building, team effectiveness.
- Conflicts: Nature, levels, effects, conflict resolution process, Transactional analysis – meaning, benefits.
- Customer Relations: Significance, How to deal with customers.