The term Geospatial technology is an umbrella phrase associated with a range of various technologies which include remote sensing, Global Positioning System (GPS), Geographic Information System (GIS), information technologies, and field sensors, that are intended to facilitate the process of capturing / storing / processing / displaying / disseminating information tied to a particular location.
This present course curriculum offers an opportunity for the students to understand the basics of geospatial technology for developing an interest in the principles, practical uses, and resources related to geospatial technologies. With the exponential growth of Indian geospatial market, this initiative is intended to develop the pool of manpower trained in this particular subject.
This course will enable the students to get an insight into the diverse geospatial database concepts, creating and implementing of the same, GIS theory and spatial analysis, supplemented by extensive practical exercises. Also, it will help the students to acquire skills for further studies and to enter into the world as professionals.
Part B: Vocational Skills (50 Marks)
Chapter–1: Geospatial Overview (5 Marks)
- Introduction to Geospatial Technology.
- Why to study Geospatial Technology.
- Importance of Geospatial Technology.
Chapter–2: Mapping & Cartography (10 Marks)
- What is Map & its Importance.
- Map Scale and Types.
- Elements of Map and Indexing.
- Map Coordinate System.
- Interpretation of Satellite Images.
Chapter–3: Remote Sensing (15 Marks)
- Overview on Remote Sensing Technology.
- Fundamentals of Remote Sensing.
- Physics of Electro Magnetic Energy.
- Remote Sensing Platforms, Sensors and Data Products.
- Remote Sensing Applications.
- Indian Remote Sensing Systems.
Chapter–4: Geographical Information System (GIS) (15 Marks)
- Fundamentals of GIS.
- Components of GIS.
- GIS Acquisition of GIS.
- Data Types of GIS.
- Application of GIS.
Chapter–5: Ground Positioning System (GPS) (5 Marks)
- Overview of GPS.
- Functions of GPS.
- Segments of GPS.
- Accuracy of GPS.
- Applications of GPS.