Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 60
Unit–1: Kitchen Organization and Layout
- Kitchen organization.
- General layout of kitchen in various organizations.
- Layout of receiving areas.
- Layout of service and wash up.
- Importance of HACCP.
- Critical control points in HACCP.
- Functions of the larder.
- Sections of larder.
- Duties and responsibilities of larder chef.
Unit–4: Fish Cookery
- Classification of fish with examples.
- Cuts of fish.
- Selection of fish and shell fish.
- Cooking of fish.
Unit–5: Meat Cookery
- Introduction to meat cookery.
- Slaughtering of meat.
- Common poultry, lamb/mutton & cuts.
- Selection of meat products.
- Variety meats (offal).
Unit–6: Appetizers and Salads
- Classification of appetizers with examples.
- Components of salad.
- Types of salad.
- Salad dressings.
- Parts of a sandwich.
- Types of sandwiches.
- Types of bread and fillings used.
Unit–8: Introduction to Bakery and Confectionery
- Raw Materials used in Bakery & Confectionery.
- Method of:
- (i) Bread Making.
- (ii) Cake Making.
- (iii) Pastry Making.
- Different Types of Cookies.
Unit–9: Culinary Terms