Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 60
1. Present scenario and scope of floriculture in global market.
2. Employment avenues in floriculture sector.
3. Study of outdoor room concept: public area, private area and service area.
4. Different features of gardens like gate, walls, arches, pergolas, paths, roads, edges, hedges, stepping stones, sun dial, bird bath, statues, water fountain, lawns, herbaceous borders, bonsai, topiary etc.
5. Concept of CAD (Computer aided designs) for landscape designs.
6. Methods of establishing lawns and their management including irrigation, fertilization, mowing, insect-pest and diseases and their control.
7. Production of indoor plants and their maintenance.
8. Commercial cultivation of rose, chrysanthemum, gladiolus, marigold, tuberose, jasmine and crossandra.
9. Protected cultivation of commercial flower crops like rose, carnation, chrysanthemum, gerbera, orchids, antirrhinum etc).
10. Flower arrangements: types and styles.
11. Methods of dry flower making like air drying, embedded drying, water drying, press drying, glycerin drying, freeze drying etc. and other value added products.
12. Post-harvest handling of commercial flower crops including harvesting, pre cooling, pulsing, holding, dry and wet storage, packing, packaging and transportation.