Employability Skills Syllabus for Class 10
||Duration in Periods
||Unit 1: Communication Skills - II
||Unit 2: Self Management Skills - II
||Unit 3: Basic ICT Skills - II
||Unit 4: Entrepreneurial Skills - II
||Unit 5: Green Skills - II
Unit 1: Communication Skills - II
1. Demonstrate knowledge of various methods of communication
- Methods of communication
2. Provide descriptive and specific feedback
- Communication cycle and importance of feedback.
- Meaning and importance of feedback.
- Descriptive feedback - written comments or conversations.
- Specific and non-specific feedback.
3. Apply measures to overcome barriers in communication
- Barriers to effective communication - types and factors.
- Measures to overcome barriers in effective Communication.
4 Apply principles of communication
- Principles of effective communication.
- 7 Cs of effective communication.
5. Demonstrate basic writing skills.
- Writing skills
- Kinds of Sentences
- Parts of Sentence
- Parts of Speech
- Construction of a Paragraph.
Unit 2: Self Management Skills - II
1. Apply stress Management Techniques
- Meaning and importance of stress management
- Stress management techniques - physical exercise, yoga, meditation
- Enjoying, going to vacations and holidays with family and friends
- Taking nature walks
2. Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Importance of the ability to work independently.
- Describe the types of self-awareness.
- Describe the meaning of self-motivation and self- regulation.
Unit 3: Basic ICT Skills - II
1. Prepare documentation using Word Processing Application
- Introduction to word processing.
- Software packages for word processing.
- Opening and exiting the word processor.
- Creating a document.
- Saving document.
- Text editing.
- Word wrap and alignment.
- Font size, type and face.
- Header and Footer.
- Auto Correct.
- Numbering and Bullet.
- Creating Table.
- Password protection.
- Printing document.
- Find and Replace.
- Page numbering.
- Saving a document in various formats.
2. Perform Tabulation using Spreadsheet Application
- Introduction to spreadsheet application.
- Various spreadsheet applications.
- Creating a new worksheet.
- Opening workbook and entering data.
- Resizing fonts and styles.
- Copying and moving.
- Filter and sorting.
- Formulas and functions.
- Password protection.
- Printing a spreadsheet.
- Saving a spreadsheet in various formats.
3. Prepare Presentation using Presentation Application
- Introduction to presentation software.
- Software packages for presentation.
- Creating a new presentation.
- Entering and editing text.
- Adding a slide.
- Deleting a slide.
- Formatting text.
- Inserting clipart & images.
- Slide layout.
- Slide transition and custom animation.
- Saving a presentation.
- Printing a presentation. document.
Unit 4: Entrepreneurial Skills - II
1. List the characteristics of successful entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurship and society.
- Qualities and functions of an entrepreneur.
- Role and importance of an entrepreneur.
- Myth about entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurship as a career option.
Unit 5: Green Skills - II
1. Demonstrate the knowledge of importance, problems and solutions related to Sustainable Development
- Definition of sustainable development.
- Importance of sustainable development.
- Problems related to sustainable development.