Time: 3 Hours; Marks: 70
1. Definition of Health & Concepts Related to Health (15)
- Primary Health Care, Secondary Care, and Tertiary Health Care.
- Promotive Health Care, Preventive Health Care, Curative Health Care, and Rehabilitative Health Care, Spiritual Health Care.
- Concepts of Social medicine, Preventive medicine and Community medicine and Public Health.
2. Concepts Related to Diseases (15)
- Different kinds of diseases: Infectious/communicable/non-communicable & degenerative diseases.
- How interaction between disease causing agents (Physical, Chemical, Biological,) host and environment results in diseases.
- Modes of transmission of communicable diseases:
- Diseases of Contact transmission.
- Air-borne diseases.
- Water borne diseases.
- Vector borne diseases.
3. Promotion of Healthy Environment (5)
- At individual level.
- At family level.
- At Community level.
4. Prevention & Control of Diseases (20)
- Water safety.
- Food safety.
- Environmental sanitation (including safe disposal of solid & liquid wastes).
- Personal hygiene.
- Safe disposal of human excreta.
- Safe disposal of Bio Medical wasted (BMW) Management.
- Control of vectors and pests (control of house files, mosquitoes, rats, cockroaches etc.).
- Healthy housing & preventing of air pollution.
- Isolation procedures.
5. Medical Terminology (15)
5.1 Basics of Medical Terminology
- Words, Prefixes & suffixes used in medical terms (Symptomatic, Diagnostic and Operative terminology).
- Origin of medical terminology.
- Terminology to identify basic body systems, and vital signs.
- Distinction between the symptoms, signs and specific diseases.
- Determining the specialty by identifying the meaning of the word root.
5.2 Basic Word Roots, Prefixes and Suffixes
5.3 The Human Body in Health and Disease
- Terms related to pathology of cells, tissues, and glands.
- Types of diseases.
- Recognize different medical specialties and specialists.
- Terms used in different Departments of the hospital (Symptomatology, diagnostic entities, intervention methodology, equipment used etc.)
- Orthopaedics & traumatology.
- Digestive system.
- Circulatory and lymphatic system.
- Respiratory system.
- Gynaecological system.
- Obstetrics & Maternal & child care.
- Neurology & Psychiatry.
- Internal Medicine.
- General Surgery.
- ENT & Ophthalmology.
5.4 Coding of Diseases
- Introduction to coding & classification of Diseases.
- Introduction to Volume I & II of International Code of Diseases (ICD).