This course is a planned sequence of instructions consisting of Units meant for developing employability and vocational competencies of students of Class XI opting for vocational subject along with general education subjects. The syllabus of Part B is divided into eight units.
Part B: Vocational Skills (60 Marks)
1. Introduction to Business Operations
- 1.1 Concept and definition of Business Operations.
- 1.2 Types of Business Operations.
- 1.3 Management of Business Operations.
2. Business Environment
- 2.1 Understanding Business Environment.
- 2.2 Internal and External Factors of Business Environment.
3. Products and Services
- 3.1 Concept, Definition and Features of Product.
- 3.2 Classification of Products.
- 3.3 Concept, Definition and Features of Services.
- 3.4 Difference between Product and Service.
- 3.5 Meaning of Consumer, Identifying Consumer Needs, Classification of Consumers.
4. Types of Organisation
- 4.1 Meaning and Definition of Organisation.
- 4.2 Characteristics and Significance of Organisation.
- 4.3 Types of Organisation.
5. Formation of Partnership Firm and Joint Stock Company
- 5.1 Introduction to Partnership Firm.
- 5.2 Steps in Formation of a Partnership Firm.
- 5.3 Meaning, Definition and Characteristics of Joint Stock Company.
- 5.4 Types of Companies.
- 5.5 Formation of a Joint Stock Company.
6. Business Correspondence
- 6.1 Meaning and Significance of Business Correspondence.
- 6.2 Rules of Good Business Communication.
- 6.3 Principles of Business Correspondence.
- 6.4 Forms and Types of Common Business Letters.
7. Functional Areas of Management
- 7.1 Production Management.
- 7.2 Financial Management.
- 7.3 Marketing Management.
- 7.4 Human Resource Management.
- 7.5 Information Technology.
8. Organisational Behaviour
- 8.1 Meaning, Definition and Importance of Organisational Behaviour.
- 8.2 Characteristics of Organisational Behaviour.
- 8.3 Groups, formation of groups and group dynamics.