Banking Class 11 Syllabus
This course is a planned sequence of instructions consisting of Units meant for developing employability and vocational competencies of students of Class XI opting for vocational subject along with general education subjects.
Part B: Vocational Skills (50 Marks)
- Definition of Bank - Basic functions of Banker.
- Banking System in India.
- (i) Commercial Banks.
- (ii) Private Sector Banks.
- (iii) Public Sector Banks.
- (iv) Foreign Banks.
- (v) Regional Rural Banks.
- (vi) Co-operative Banks.
- Reserve Bank of India.
Unit-2: Banker and Customer
- Relationship between Banker and Customer.
- Special Types of Customers.
- Retail & Wholesale Banking.
- Deposit Accounts – Savings Accounts, Current Accounts, Fixed Deposit Accounts.
- Opening and operation of Accounts.
- KYC requirements.
- Pass Book.
- Partnerships & Companies.
Unit-3: Employment of Bank Funds
- Liquid Assets-Cash in Hand, Cash with RBI & Cash with other Banks.
- Investment in securities.
- Advances - Secured and Unsecured.
- Term Loans.
- Cash Credit.
- Discounting of Bills of Exchange.
- Modes of creating charge on Securities.
- Types of Securities.
Unit-4: Negotiable Instruments
- Definition & Characteristics of Cheques.
- Bills of Exchange & Promissory Notes.
- Collection and payment of Cheques.
- Liabilities of Parties.