1. Units and Dimensions: M.K.S. Fundamental and Derived units, S.I. base units, supplementary units and derived units. Dimensions of various physical quantities, uses of dimensional analysis.
2. Surface Tension and Viscosity: Molecular forces, Molecular theory of surface tension, surface energy, capillary action, concept of viscosity, coefficient of viscosity, principles and construction of viscometers.
3. Vibrations: Vibrations of simple spring mass system, elementary and qualitative concept of free and forced vibrations, resonance, effects of vibrations on building, bridges and machine members.
4. Heat: Temperature and its measurement, thermoelectric, platinum resistance thermometers and pyrometers. Conduction through compound media and laws of Radiations.
5. Ultrasonics: Production of Ultrasonic waves by magnetostriction and piezo-electric effect, application of ultrasonics in industry.
6. Optics: Nature of light, reflection and refraction of a wave from a plane surface. Overhead projector and Epidiascope.
CLASS-XII ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS (OPTIONAL)
Coloumb's Law, Electric field, potential, electrical flux, Gauss theorem and the electric field around a charged sphere, a long straight conductor and plane charged sheet. Potential difference and potential of a charged sphere and a point charge, principle of capacitor, capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor having a number of media, energy stored in capacitor and combination of capacitor.
Magnetic field around a current carrying conductor and its direction, concept of B & H and permeability, force experienced by a moving charge and current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field. Magnetic field at the centre of a circular coil. Straight conductor and solenoid.
3. Nuclear Physics:
Nuclear fission and fusion, use of radio isotopes, the application of nuclear fission in nuclear power station, nuclear fuels, radiation hazard.
4. Basic Electronics:
Semi-conductors and their resistivity, Automatic structure of Ge & Si, P & N type materials, formation of P-N and N-P junctions, forward and backward biasing working of semiconductor diode, and its application in half wave and full wave rectifiers, P-N-P and N-N-P transistors and their principle of working.