The question paper has 30 questions in all. Questions from serial number 1 to 8 are Very Short Answer Questions. Each question carries 1 mark. Questions from serial number 9 to 20 are 3 marks questions. Questions from serial number 21 to 28 are 5 marks questions. Question number 29 and 30 are map questions of 3 marks each from History and Geography both.
1. Who remarked "when France sneezes the rest of Europe catches cold".
Who were called colons in Vietnam?
2. Why should the use of cattle cake as fuel be discouraged?
3. Distinguish between pressure groups and political parties by stating any one point of distinction.
4. Why did India adopt multi-party system?
5. Name any two sectional interest groups.
6. Why do MNCs set up their offices and factories in those regions where they get cheap labour and other resources?
7. If any damage is done to a consumer by a trader, under which consumer right one can move to consumer court to get compensation.
8. Why is the supervision of the functioning of formal sources of loans necessary?
9. "The decade of 1830 had brought great economic hardship in Europe". Support the statement with arguments.
"The Ho Chi Minh Trail became advantageous to Vietnamese in the war against U.S." Support the statement with arguments.
10. What type of flag was designed during the ‘Swadeshi Movement’ in Bengal? Explain its main features.
11. "The plantation workers in Assam had their own understanding of Mahatma Gandhi and the notion of Swaraj". Support the statement with arguments.
12. Classify industries on the basis of source of raw material. How are they different from each other?
13. "Consumption of energy in all forms has been rising all over the country. There is an urgent need to develop a sustainable path of energy development and energy saving". Suggest and explain any three measures to solve this burning problem.
14. Suggest any three steps to minimise the environmental degradation caused by the industrial development in India.
15. What is meant by regional political party? State the conditions required to be recognised as a "regional political party".
16. What are public interest pressure groups? Describe their functioning.
17. Which three challenges do you feel are being faced by political parties in India? Give your opinion.
18. "Deposits with the banks are beneficial to the depositers as well as to the nation". Examine the statement.
19. Why had the Indian government put barriers to foreign trade and foreign investments after independence? Analyse the reasons.
20. "Rules and regulations are required for the protection of the consumers in the market place." Justify the statement with arguments.
21. "Napoleon had destroyed democracy in France but in the administrative field he had incorporated revolutionary principles in order to make the whole system more rational and efficient." Analyse the statement with arguments.
"The peace negotiations in Geneva followed the division of Vietnam that set in motion a series of events that turned Vietnam into a battle field." Analyse the statement with arguments.
22. Why did Mahatma Gandhi decide to call off the Civil Disobedience Movement? Explain.
23. Explain the importance of conservation of minerals. Highlight any three measures to conserve them.
24. "Roadways still have an edge over railways in India." Support the statement with arguments.
25. Describe the popular struggle of Bolivia.
26. "Political parties are a necessary condition for a democracy". Analyse the statement with examples.
27. How can the formal sector loans be made beneficial for poor farmers and workers? Suggest any five measures.
28. Describe the impact of globalisation on Indian economy with examples.
29. Three features A, B and C are marked on the given political outline map of India. Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the lines marked in the map:
A. The place where cotton mill workers organised Satyagraha.
B. The place related to the calling off the Non-Cooperation Movement.
C. The place where the Indian National Congress Session was held.
30. On the given political outline map of India, locate and label the following with appropriate symbols:
A. Oil Field - Digboi
B. Iron and Steel Plant - Bhilai
C. Major Sea Port - Kochi