This question paper consists of two sections. Section A is Employability Skills and Section B is Subject Skills. This question paper contains 39 questions out of which 27 questions are to be answered. The maximum time allowed is 2 hours.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 1 mark each: 1×4=4
1. __________ are a group of words that work together to communicate an element of speech.
2. __________ refers to focusing human efforts for maintaining a healthy body and mind capable of better withstanding stressful situations.
3. Having conscious knowledge of your own self, capabilities, feelings and one’s own character is called as __________ .
4. A __________ is a software that helps you type and work with text on a computer. (word processor / spreadsheet / calculator)
5. Entrepreneurs are not job seekers but they create opportunities of employment for people. (True/False)
6. __________ defines a Green economy as one that results in ‘‘improved human well-being and social equity, while significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities’’.
Answer any 3 questions out of the given 5 questions of 2 marks each: 2×3=6
7. Explain four types of sentences in English.
8. List any four characteristics of entrepreneurship.
9. Write steps to highlight text in an OpenOffice Writer.
10. List any two factors that affect self-confidence.
11. List any four factors causing ecological imbalance.
Answer any 10 questions out of the given 12 questions of 1 mark each: 1×10=10
12. When a combination of hardware and software enables a person with a disability or impairment to use a computer, it is known as
13. __________ in Control Panel are used to customize the way your keyboard, display, or mouse function.
14. Picture and Clipart options are available under __________ .
15. Header option is available under __________ group in Insert Tab.
16. __________ is one of the functions available in the spreadsheet to perform addition of selected numbers in the sheet.
17. Autosum automatically selects the values around the cells either _______ or __________ .
18. Layout option is available under __________ group in the Home tab.
19. Presentation software enables the user to add tables in the slides in order to represent the __________ data meaningfully.
20. Time management is the act of planning to stay organized that will result in increased __________ and __________ .
21. __________ appointments can be used for scheduling repetitive tasks.
22. __________ statement is used to add one or more records to a database.
23. __________ statement retrieves zero or more rows from one or more database tables.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 2 marks each: 2×4=8
24. Explain Blog. Give any two websites that offer free blog services.
25. List any four items that may be added in the Header area.
26. List any two conditions/formats/items that can be used for conditional formatting in a Spreadsheet.
27. Mention two ways in which a movie file may be inserted in a presentation.
28. Mention two ways of scheduling an appointment.
29. Explain two types of languages used for creating and manipulating the data in databases.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 3 marks each: 3×4=12
30. What are section breaks ? Explain how a section break helps in formatting a document.
31. Differentiate between linking and embedding a document. Does embedding an object increase the size of the document ? List any two websites that offer free clipart.
32. Give any three basic guidelines for charts in a presentation.
33. Write steps to give transition effects in a presentation software.
34. Explain any thee data types in OpenOffice base.
35. Explain the following with respect to Databases :
Answer any 2 questions out of the given 4 questions of 5 marks each: 5×2=10
36. (a) Explain any three types of impairments that impact computer usage.
(b) Explain Client-Server architecture and Peer-to-Peer Architecture.
37. Given the following Spreadsheet, write the appropriate Formula/ Expression/Function to be used for (a) to (e) :
38. Rashika is preparing a presentation to give an annual sales report and the progress made by her zonal teams. She has to do the following in the presentation. Suggest appropriate measures to do so.
39. (a) Create table EMPLOYEE
(b) What is a primary key ?
(c) Categorize the following commands as DDL and DML :
SELECT, ALTER, INSERT, DROP