This question paper consists of two sections. Section A is Employability Skills and Section B is Subject Skills. The question paper contains 39 questions out of which 27 questions are to be answered. The maximum time allowed is 2 hours.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 1 mark each. 1×4=4
Fill in the blanks:
1. A group of words that work together to communicate an element of speech is called ___________ .
2. The school of Hindu philosophy which reduces stress and includes a series of postures and breathing exercises to achieve control of body and mind is called ___________ .
3. Having conscious knowledge of one’s own self, capabilities, feelings and one’s own character is called ___________ .
4. A ___________ is a software that helps you type and work with text on a computer.
5. The main aim of Start-Up India is to encourage ___________ among the youth of India.
6. E-waste comprises of discarded ___________ devices.
Answer any 3 questions out of the given 5 questions of 2 marks each. 2×3=6
7. What is a sentence ?
8. Explain the importance of stress management.
9. Write down the functions of ‘Minimize button’ and ‘Close button’.
10. List any four characteristics of entrepreneurship.
11. What are the various factors that cause ecological imbalance ?
Answer any 10 questions out of the given 12 questions of 1 mark each. 1×10=10
12. Write down the full form of WHO.
13. What is the main function of medical record department in hospitals ?
14. What is meant by soft diet ?
15. Define pulse rate.
16. Name the viral disease which is also known as hydrophobia.
17. What do you understand by the term nosocomial infection ?
18. What do you mean by cancer ?
19. List two common causes of bleeding.
20. Define histology.
21. What is the main function of adipose tissue in the body ?
22. Name the staff who is the first point of contact for patients, doctors and staff members in a hospital.
23. Write the full form of PRO.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 2 marks each. 2×4=8
24. Enumerate any four professionals available in a hospital.
25. List four factors that affect the nutritional status of a person.
26. Enumerate four properties of an ideal disinfectant.
27. How will you prepare one litre of ORS ?
28. Write down the difference between elevation and depression in body movements.
29. How can an emergency situation be dealt with ?
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 3 marks each. 3×4=12
30. Write down the functions of the following medical departments in a hospital :
31. Write down three uses of prone position.
32. How can the spread of infection be controlled in hospitals ?
33. Define three grades of fever.
34. Write down three functions of epithelial tissue.
35. Enumerate three uses of computer in medical services.
Answer any 2 questions out of the given 4 questions of 5 marks each. 5×2=10
36. Describe the following functions of a GDA :
37. Describe the precautions to be taken before measuring blood pressure of a patient.
38. Explain any five types of hazards which may occur in hospitals.
39. Describe the musculoskeletal system with its functions and three types of muscles.