This question paper consists of two sections - Section A is Employability Skills of 10 marks and Section B is Subject Skills of 40 marks. The question paper contains 39 questions out of which 27 questions are to be answered.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 1 mark each. 1×4=4
1. Which of the following is a declarative sentence ?
2. To make the letters appear bold and in italics, which buttons will you press on the keyboard with Ctrl ?
3. Time management can be done by
4. Who is a Fabian Entrepreneur ? One who
5. How can we save our planet from air pollution ? By
6. Neha’s parents are going to get divorced. What kind of stress may she suffer from ?
Answer any 3 questions out of the given 5 questions of 2 marks each. 2×3=6
7. Give four suggestions to be a good listener during communication.
8. Suggest any four ways to manage stress.
9. Give four suggestions to maintain a computer.
10. Write any four advantages of entrepreneurship.
11. Name any four non-renewable natural resources.
Answer any 10 questions out of the given 12 questions of 1 mark each. 1×10=10
12. What is the currency of Malaysia ?
13. What is the capital of Belgium ?
14. What is the airline code of British Airways ?
15. Itanagar is the capital of which State ?
16. Which quality will help the front office staff to solve guest problems ?
17. First impression of a hotel is created by their front office staff. So which quality should they possess ?
18. Who is responsible for check-in of guests ?
19. Secretarial services are provided by
20. Who provides communication facilities to the guests ?
21. Computer data is processed by the computer’s
22. How many Megabytes is equal to 1 Gigabyte ?
23. _________ is an example of external storage of the computer.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 2 marks each. 2×4=8
24. Why is it important for staff to read a newspaper ? Give four reasons for this.
25. Franc, Euro, Riyal and Dirham are currencies of which countries ?
26. What four points should a receptionist keep in mind while communicating with the guests ?
27. Give four reasons to promote personal hygiene in front office staff.
28. Explain the role of a cashier in the front office department.
29. Mention any four functions of a Reservation Section.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 3 marks each. 3×4=12
30. Mention any six grooming standards for male staff of front office.
31. Give six suggestions to women staff of front office to keep their nails attractive.
32. Why is it important for the front office staff to be physically fit ? Give three reasons.
33. Write six features of a hotel lobby.
34. Briefly describe any six duties performed by the Bellboy of a hotel.
35. State any six ways the hotel industry has been benefitted by the computers.
Answer any 2 questions out of the given 4 questions of 5 marks each. 5×2=10
36. Elaborate five advantages of using a newspaper.
37. Give ten instructions to the front office staff regarding their uniform.
38. Where is the registration desk located in a hotel ? Who is incharge of this section ? Write six important activities performed here.
39. Neatly draw a hierarchial chart of the front office department of a five-star hotel.