Time allowed is 2 hours Maximum Marks are 50. This question paper consists of two sections - Section A is Employability Skills and Section B is Subject Skills.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 1 mark each: 1×4=4
1. My new dress is black and white. This is an example of which type of sentence ?
2. Students can focus their mind and become calm by
3. To reverse the last action, which shortcut key will you use on the computer ?
4. When overweight, adolescents become critically conscious of their body. They stop eating food. They may suffer from which type of stress ?
5. What is the full form of NSDF ?
6. What does E-waste include ? Discarded
Answer any 3 questions out of the given 5 questions of 2 marks each: 2×3=6
7. List four commercial functions of an entrepreneur.
8. Suggest four ways to prevent virus infection in a computer.
9. Tina is wearing pink shoes for her birthday. Identify the noun, verb, adverb and adjective in this sentence.
10. Mention two sectors of Green Economy.
11. What do you understand by self-awareness and self-regulation ?
Answer any 10 questions out of the given 12 questions of 1 mark each: 1×10=10
12. Which vitamin is not destroyed by cooking ?
13. Which nutrient coagulates when heat is applied ?
14. A very fresh bread when used for making sandwiches will become
15. Which method of cooking is used for making biscuits ?
16. An example of closed sandwich is
17. Which salad can be served as dessert ?
18. The process in which cooking of food is done with the help of electromagnetic waves is called
19. Coleslaw salad is an example of
20. An example of thickening agent used in soup is
21. Which of the following soups is an example of hot soup ?
22. Cooking time of vegetables increases with the addition of
23. This type of cut is used to cut potatoes for french fries :
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 2 marks each: 2×4=8
24. Give four objectives of cooking.
25. What do you mean by canapes ? Suggest two toppings for it.
26. How is simple salad different from compound salad ?
27. What do you understand by caramelisation ? Give a suitable example.
28. Write one difference between cream soups and purée soups.
29. Give one reason for each of the following :
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 3 marks each: 3×4=12
30. Describe three methods of cooking using medium of fat.
31. Differentiate between the following :
32. Explain two roles each of spread and filling of a sandwich. Give one example of each.
33. How are the following soups prepared ?
34. Write six tips to save nutrients while preparing food.
35. What is the effect of acidic or alkaline medium on the following pigments ?
Answer any 2 questions out of the given 4 questions of 5 marks each: 5×2=10
36. (a) Elaborate radiation and conduction principles of heat.
(b) Briefly describe the following methods of cooking :
37. (a) Define salads.
(b) Explain the main role of different parts of a salad.
38. (a) Describe any three international soups.
(b) Why is soup considered as a healthy food ? Write two reasons.
39. What two qualities each will you check to buy fresh ginger, tomato, carrot, peas and garlic ?