This question paper consists of two sections - Section A is Employability Skills and Section B is Subject Skills. Section A, Employability Skills is of 10 Marks. Section B, Subject Skills is of 40 Marks. This question paper contains 39 questions out of which 27 questions are to be answered.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 1 mark each. 1×4 = 4
Fill in the blanks.
1. ____________, body language, voice and tone are the three elements of personal communication.
2. Physical, mental or emotional strain is referred to as __________ .
3. ___________ bar displays the document name followed by the program name.
4. In __________ business, a seller helps the buyer to finish some work.
5. ____________ includes both, living things as well as non-living things.
6. ____________ includes a series of postures and breathing exercises practised to achieve control of body and mind.
Answer any 3 questions out of the given 5 questions of 2 marks each. 2×3 = 6
7. What is a communication barrier ? Name any two barriers to effective communication.
8. Why is stress management important ? Give four points.
9. Write the keyboard shortcuts for the following commands :
10. List any two qualities of an entrepreneur.
11. Write two main causes of pollution of water bodies.
Answer any 10 questions out of the given 12 questions of 1 mark each. 1×10 = 10
12. ____________ is the most dominant visual element of a garment as it is the first thing, from a distance, which is visible to the eye.
13. The lazy-daisy stitch is a variation of the ___________ stitch.
14. The use of ____________ threads add shine and glamour to embroidery work.
15. If the fabric is white, ___________ can be used for stain removal.
16. The reverse side of ___________ stitch is called shadow work.
17. ___________ is a traditional embroidery style from Himachal Pradesh.
18. If the product is ____________, the customer can ask for a replacement.
19. The two embroidery styles prevalent in Punjab are __________ and Phulkari.
20. ___________ stitch is an example of flat stitch.
21. ___________ needle is the basic embroidery needle most often used for hand embroidery.
22. ____________ of the embroidered products is one of the very important aspects of embroidered garments.
23. __________ may be defined as a pleasing sense of organised movement that gives continuity to a design.
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 2 marks each. 2×4 = 8
24. What are the principles of design ?
25. Give any two points stating why finishing of embroidered garments is important.
26. What is couching ?
27. What is the base material and the embroidery thread used to execute Phulkari ?
28. What is a seam ripper ?
29. What are stray threads ?
Answer any 4 questions out of the given 6 questions of 3 marks each. 3×4 = 12
30. Write any three important tips for good embroidery work.
31. Give three points explaining the visual impact of vertical lines on the wearer.
32. Give any two characteristics each of running stitch and feather stitch.
33. Name the three different embroidery styles used in Gujarat embroidery.
34. Where can buttonhole stitch be done and how (only illustration) ?
35. Explain how thread loops and thread tails can be rectified during the finishing process.
Answer any 2 questions out of the given 4 questions of 5 marks each. 5×2 = 10
36. Draw step-wise, the method of making a chain stitch.
37. Write short notes on any two :
(A) Kashida of Kashmir
(B) Chikankari of Uttar Pradesh
(C) Kantha of Bengal
38. Explain in brief the costing of an embroidered product.
39. Which three factors lead to embroidery defects in a garment ? Name any four most commonly occurring issues that should be rectified during finishing.