Sales Associate (Retail) Class 11 NCERT
Retailing has seen a remarkable transformation over the years. Rising incomes, urbanisation and attitudinal shifts point towards a certainty of growth in the future for this sector. The increasing number of retail malls, shopping outlets, supermarkets requires the application of modern management techniques to manage them efficiently and effectively.
The retail marketing success depends on providing right product to the right customer at right place and at right time. This has resulted in the need for effective management of retail operations.
The rapid growth in the retail industry has led to the demand for trained personnel for various job roles, such as sales associate, cashier, store operations assistant, store executive, etc.
A sales associate, in organised retailing, is responsible for looking after the overall sales operations like process credit applications for purchases, keeping the store secure, helping to maintain healthy and safety aspects, demonstrating products to customers, helping the customers in choosing the right products, providing specialist support to customers facilitating purchases, maximising the sales of goods and services, providing personalised sale and post-sales service support to the customers, resolving customer grievances in retail stores, etc. The major task of a sales associate is to sell a company’s products by demonstrating and specifying the product quality.
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Retailing
- Session 1: Basics of Retailing
- Session 2: Sales Associate Services to Customers
- Session 3: Skills for Handling Retail Business
- Session 4: Duties and Responsibilities of a Sales Associate
Unit 2: Process of Credit Application
- Session 1: Features and Conditions for Credit Sales
- Session 2: Credit Checks and Getting Authorisation
- Session 3: Processing Credit Requisitions
- Session 4: Techniques for Determining Creditworthiness
Unit 3: Mechanism for Customers to Choose Right Products
- Session 1: Methods of Selling
- Session 2: Sales Promotional Activities
- Session 3: Responding to Questions and Comments
- Session 4: Techniques of Closing a Sale
Unit 4: Specialist Support to Customers
- Session 1: Providing Product Information
- Session 2: Techniques to Encourage Customers to Buy Products
- Session 3: Personalised Customer Service
- Session 4: Post-sales Service Support
Unit 5: Health and Safety Management
- Session 1: Health and Safety Requirements
- Session 2: Equipment and Material
- Session 3: Dealing with Accidents and Emergencies
- Session 4: Reporting Accidents and Emergencies