Social Science Class 9 Term-II Syllabus 2022
The syllabus consists of four units: (i) India and the Contemporary World (ii) Contemporary India (iii) Democratic Politics (iv) Economics.
||India and the Contemporary World - I
||Contemporary India - I
||Democratic Politics - I
Unit 1: India and the Contemporary World - I
Section 1: Events and Processes
(Theme two and three)
II. Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
- The Age of Social Change
- The Russian Revolution
- The February Revolution in Petrograd
- What Changed after October?
- The Global Influence of the Russian Revolution and the USSR
III. Nazism and the Rise of Hitler
- Birth of the Weimar Republic
- Hitler's Rise to Power
- The Nazi Worldview
- Youth in Nazi Germany
- Ordinary People and the Crimes Against Humanity
Unit 2: Contemporary India - I
- Major rivers and tributaries
- Role of rivers in the economy
- Pollution of rivers
Note: Only Map Items as given in the Map List from this chapter to be evaluated in Examination.
- Climatic Controls
- Factors influencing India’s climate
- The Indian Monsoon
- Distribution of Rainfall
- Monsoon as a unifying bond
5. Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
- Factors affecting Vegetation
- Vegetation types
- Wild Life Conservation
Unit 3: Democratic Politics - I
3. Electoral Politics
- Why Elections?
- What is our System of Elections?
- What makes elections in India democratic?
4. Working of Institutions
- How is the major policy decision taken?
- Political Executive
Unit 4: Economics
3. Poverty as a Challenge
- Two typical cases of poverty
- Poverty as seen by Social Scientists
- Poverty Estimates
- Vulnerable Groups
- Interstate disparities
- Global Poverty Scenario
- Causes of Poverty
- Anti-poverty measures
- The Challenges Ahead