Social Science Class 9 Term-I Syllabus 2022
The syllabus consists of four units: (i) India and the Contemporary World (ii) Contemporary India (iii) Democratic Politics (iv) Economics.
||India and the Contemporary World - I
||Contemporary India - I
||Democratic Politics - I
Unit 1: India and the Contemporary World - I
Section 1: Events and Processes
I. The French Revolution
- French Society during the late eighteenth century
- The Outbreak of the Revolution
- France abolishes Monarchy and Becomes a Republic
- Did Women have a Revolution?
- The Abolition of Slavery
- The Revolution and Everyday Life
Unit 2: Contemporary India - I
- Size and Location
- India and the World
- India's Neighbours
2. Physical Features of India
- Major Physiographic Divisions
Unit 3: Democratic Politics - I
1. What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
- What is Democracy?
- Features of Democracy
- Why Democracy?
- Broader Meaning of Democracy
2. Constitutional Design
- Why do we need a Constitution?
- Making of the Indian Constitution
- Guiding Values of the Indian Constitution
Unit 4: Economics
1. The Story of Village Palampur
- Organization of production
- Farming in Palampur
- Non-farm activities of Palampur
2. People as Resource
- Economic activities by men and women
- Quality of Population