Entrepreneurship Class 12 Syllabus
The syllabus is divided into 6 units and the project work. Total marks for theory paper is 70. The units are (i) Entrepreneurial Opportunity, (ii) Entrepreneurial Planning, (iii) Enterprise Marketing, (iv) Enterprise Growth Strategies, (v) Business Arithmetic, and (vi) Resource Mobilization.
||Enterprise Growth Strategies
Unit 1: Entrepreneurial Opportunity
- Sensing Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Environment Scanning
- Problem Identification
- Idea fields
- Spotting Trends
- Creativity and Innovation
- Selecting the Right Opportunity
Unit 2: Entrepreneurial Planning
- Forms of business organization - Sole proprietorship, Partnership, Company
- Business Plan: concept, format.
- Components: Organisational plan; Operational plan; Production plan; Financial plan; Marketing plan; Human Resource planning
Unit 3: Enterprise Marketing
- Marketing and Sales Strategy
- Branding, Logo, Tagline
- Promotion Strategy
- Negotiations - Importance and Methods
- Customer Relationship Management
- Vendor Management
Unit 4: Enterprise Growth Strategies
- Franchising: Concept, types, advantages, limitations.
- Mergers and Acquisition: Concept, reasons, types.
- Reasons for failure of Mergers and Acquisitions.
Unit 5: Business Arithmetic
- Unit of Sale, Unit Cost for multiple products or services
- Break even Analysis for multiple products or services
- Computation of Working Capital
- Inventory Control and EOQ
- Return on Investment (ROI) and Return on Equity (ROE)
Unit 6: Resource Mobilization
- Capital Market - Primary and Secondary
- Stock Exchange - Concept, features, functions and importance
- Securities and Exchange Board of India - History, establishment, powers
- Angel Investor: Features
- Venture Capital: Features, funding.