Geography Class 11 Term-II Syllabus 2022
The syllabus is divided into two parts: (A) Fundamentals of Physical Geography (B) India - Physical Environment.
||Topic or Chapter
||Fundamentals of Physical Geography
||Life on the Earth
||India - Physical Environment
||Climate, Vegetation and Soil
Part A: Fundamentals of Physical Geography
Unit 4: Climate
- Atmosphere - composition and structure; elements of weather and climate.
- Insolation - angle of incidence and distribution; heat budget of the earth - heating and cooling of atmosphere (conduction, convection, terrestrial radiation and advection); temperature - factors controlling temperature; distribution of temperature - horizontal and vertical; inversion of temperature.
- Pressure - pressure belts; winds - planetary, seasonal and local; air masses and fronts; tropical and extra-tropical cyclones.
- Precipitation - evaporation; condensation - dew, frost, fog, mist and cloud; rainfall -types and world distribution
Unit 5: Water (Oceans)
- Movements of ocean water - waves, tides and currents; submarine reliefs
- Ocean resources and pollution
Unit 6: Life on the Earth
- Biosphere - importance of plants and other organisms; biodiversity and conservation.
Part B: India - Physical Environment
Unit 9: Climate, Vegetation and Soil
- Weather and climate - spatial and temporal distribution of temperature, pressure winds and rainfall, Indian monsoon: mechanism, onset and withdrawal, variability of rainfalls: spatial and temporal; use of weather charts
- Natural vegetation - forest types and distribution; wild life; conservation; biosphere reserves
- Soils - major types (ICAR's classification) and their distribution, soil degradation and conservation
Map work on identification / interpolation of features based on the units on the outline Physical or Political map of the world or India.