Deleted Topics for CBSE Class X
Deleted portion of curriculum for CBSE class X in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and Computer Application.
English - Language and Literature
- Use of Passive Voice
- Clauses: Noun, Adverb Clauses of condition and time, Relative
- FIRST FLIGHT - Text for Class X
- How to Tell Wild Animals
- Mijbil the Otter
- For Anne Gregory
FOOTPRINTS WITHOUT FEET
- The Midnight Visitor
- A Question of Trust
- The Book That Saved The Earth
UNIT I - NUMBER SYSTEMS
UNIT II - ALGEBRA
- Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients
PAIR OF LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES
- cross multiplication method
- Situational problems based on equations reducible to quadratic equations
- Application in solving daily life problems based on sum to n terms
UNIT III - COORDINATE GEOMETRY
UNIT IV - GEOMETRY
Proof of the following theorems are deleted
- The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratio of the squares of their corresponding sides.
- In a triangle, if the square on one side is equal to sum of the squares on the other two sides, the angle opposite to the first side is a right angle.
- Construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle.
UNIT V - TRIGONOMETRY
INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY
- motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0° and 90°
- Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles.
HEIGHTS AND DISTANCES
UNIT VI - MENSURATION
AREAS RELATED TO CIRCLES
- Problems on central angle of 120°
SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES
UNIT VI - STATISTICS & PROBABILITY
- Step deviation Method for finding the mean
- Cumulative Frequency graph
Unit I: Chemical Substances - Nature and Behaviour
- Metals and Non-metals: Basic Metallurgical processes; Corrosion and its prevention
- Carbon and its Compounds: Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones, aldehydes, alkanes and alkynes), difference between saturated hydro carbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps and detergents.
Unit II: World of Living
- Control and co-ordination in animals and plants: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction of plant hormones; Control and co-ordination in animals: Nervous system; Voluntary, involuntary and reflex action; Chemical co-ordination: animal hormones.
- Heredity and Evolution: Basic concepts of evolution.
Unit III: Natural Phenomena
- The Human Eye and the Colourful World: Functioning of a lens in Human eye, defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses.
Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current: Electric Generator, Direct current.
- Alternating current: frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
Unit V: Natural Resources
- Sources of energy: Different forms of energy, conventional and non-conventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, solar energy; biogas; wind, water and tidal energy; Nuclear energy. Renewable versus non-renewable sources of Energy.
UNIT 1: INDIA AND THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD - II (HISTORY)
Section 2: Livelihoods, Economies and Societies - The chosen Chapter to be assessed in the Periodic Tests and not in Board Examination.
Any one out of these two chapters
- Chapter 3: The Making of a Global World
- Chapter 4: The Age of Industrialisation
Section 3: Everyday Life, Culture and Politics
- Chapter 5: Print Culture and the Modern World - Complete Chapter
UNIT 2: CONTEMPORARY INDIA - II (GEOGRAPHY)
- Chapter 2: Forest and Wildlife - Complete Chapter
- Chapter 3: Water Resources - Complete Chapter except for Map Items which will be assessed in the Examination
- Chapter 5: Mineral and Energy Resources - Complete Chapter except for Map Items which will be assessed in the Examination
UNIT 3: DEMOCRATIC POLITICS - II (POLITICAL SCIENCE)
- Chapter 3: Democracy and Diversity - Complete Chapter
- Chapter 4: Gender, Religion and Caste - Complete Chapter
- Chapter 5: Popular Struggles and Movements - Complete Chapter
- Chapter 8: Challenges to Democracy - Complete Chapter
Unit 4: Scratch or Python (Theory and Practical)
Alternative 1: Scratch
- Revision of the basics of Scratch
- Sprite, tempo, variables, and events
- Coordinates and conditionals
- Drawing with iteration
- Update variables repeatedly, iterative development, ask and answer blocks
- Create games, animated images, stories and songs
Alternative 2: Python
- Revision of Python basics
- Conditionals: if, if-else statements
- Loops: for, while (e.g., sum of first 10 natural numbers)
- Practice simple programs