NTSE - National Talent Search Examination
NTSE is conducted by NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training). National Talent Search Scheme was started in 1963 with the objective to identify talented students and nurture them. The exam is for students studying in class X. On the basis of the National Talent Search Examination, 1000 scholarships are awarded. The amount of scholarship is Rs.1250/- per month for class XI & XII and Rs.2000/- per month for under graduates and post graduates.
- Last Date to Apply: 31 August, 2014
- State Level (Stage I) Exam: 1 or 2 November, 2014
- National Level (Stage II) Exam: 10 May, 2015
All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination, conducted by the States/UTs, in which the schools are located. There is no domicile restriction.
NTSE Exam Pattern
NTSE is a two-stage selection process for award of scholarship. For Stage-I, selection is done by States/UTs through a written examination. If you qualify Stage-I, then you will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by the NCERT. NTSE has two parts:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT): Questions on analogies, classification, series, pattern perception, hidden figures, coding-decoding, block assembly, problem solving, etc.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): Questions on Science, Maths & Social Sciences (Class-9 & Class-10)